The Case for Open Access Publishing
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology adopts and implements the fundamental rights and freedoms as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
(2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
(3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
(1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
(2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Call for Refereed Contributions
The International Science Index warmly invites Journal Editors and Congress/Conference/Symposium/Workshop Organizers to submit their refereed abstracts and papers for abstracting and indexing in the scholarly and scientific information database as free of charge.
The Case for Open Access Publishing
Open Access stands for unrestricted access and unrestricted reuse. All manuscripts submitted to World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology are assumed to be submitted under the open access publishing model without any article processing and publication charges. In the open access publishing model, papers are peer-reviewed in the normal way under scientific editorial control. When a paper is accepted for publication, published paper appears electronically and is freely available from website at no cost. Authors may also use their published .pdf's for any non-commercial use on their personal or non-commercial institution's website. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to works we publish. This license was developed to facilitate open access – namely, free immediate access to, and unrestricted reuse of, original works of all types. Under this license, authors agree to make articles legally available for reuse, without permission or fees, for virtually any purpose. Anyone may copy, distribute, or reuse these articles, as long as the author and original source are properly cited.
The Benefits of Open Access Research
Accelerated Discovery: With open access, researchers can read and build on the findings of others without restriction. Open Access expedites immediate access to your scholarly work. Open Access is optimized for visibility through internet search engines, resulting in being more frequently cited, more visible, and receiving greater impact.
Public Enrichment: Open Access provides the global community barrier- and cost-free access to your important research. Open-access is more important than ever before.
Improved Education: Open access means that teachers and their students have access to the latest research findings throughout the world.Open Access content is archived and digitally preserved. Open Access satisfies many requirements to publicly disseminate the results of peer reviewed research.